Thursday, October 27, 2011

Fox Rocks...

99.3 The Fox radio station has always entertained me. 
They say it like it is, play fantastic music, and do so all while having a great time.
Recently, I was minding my business when a friend called to let me know that they had been speaking about me on the Jeff O'neil show (a popular morning show on the station) earlier that day.
He let me know that they had Mariko Izumi (a fellow Canadian conventional angler who has sought fame with a bikini and contagious party laugh; I think she's hot... say what you will). 
Regardless, Mariko was on the show as Canada's hottest fisher woman and she handled their crude questions well. "Dinner plates or dimes?", they asked her.... Yes, they are classy guys.
Well as the show ended, they received some calls that encouraged them to contact me for an interview. 
So as my inbox lit up with an email from one of the hosts, I took some time to think about if it was worth signing up for what could potentially be an embarrassment of perverse questions and a self controlled stifled temper.
I thought about it long and hard; it is a big radio station and I am trying hard right now to reach to the general public about the Shell issue that has me so fired up.
Before long I found myself saying yes to the interview, but warned them that I likely wouldn't be as much fun as Ms. Izumi. After all, how can I compete with underwear Olympics and a string bikini?
That morning I left bright and early, following the directions of my GPS and sipping on a coffee. 
The "reliable" bossy woman's voice barked me from street corner to street corner "turn left, turn right to destination", and eventually landed me at a dead end; lost and shrieking at the stupid thing.
The radio program kept running and so did the clock... tick, tick, tick. I could hear them on the air "April Vokey was SUPPOSED to be here... You know how those country folk are. Maybe she got lost?" 
Do you have any idea how frustrating it is to hear people talking about you and you still can't do anything?? Oh wait, maybe some of you do... bloody internet forums. ;)
Without further adieu, check out the link below to hear a very sweaty but recorded radio interview.
http://www.cfox.com/DJsandShows/TheJeffONeilShow.aspx